Shot in the Dark Drunken Chicken Thighs
2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
12 oz. beer
1 T Kosher Salt
Shot in the Dark Small Caliber Rub
1 T Shot in the Dark Drunken Chicken Rub
Mini Loaf Pan(s)
1. Mix together beer of your choosing, kosher salt and 1 Tablespoon of Drunken Chicken Rub. Reserve extra beers for drinking.
2. In a large zip top bag, marinate chicken thighs with beer/salt mixture for 3-4 hours.
3. Remove thighs from bag, discard brine. Rub thighs generously with small caliber first and drunken chicken second.
4. Preheat smoker to 300 degrees F. Recommend cherry or apple wood for smoking.
5. Place chicken thighs in loaf pan. Place 1 T of butter on each thigh and pour chicken stock up 2/3-3/4 over thighs in each slot.
6. Cook until internal temperature is 165-170 degrees.