Sweet Heat Fajita
Sweet Heat Fajita Rub has sweet, smoky and warm notes that will have you salivating for a fajita or taco. The full flavor marries well with a multitude of applications. This product may have become by accident, but it is a favorite of anyone looking for that authentic fajita flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef/ground turkey/cubed chicken
- 1/4 C Shot in the Dark Sweet Heat Fajita Rub
- 1/4 C Beef/Chicken Stock
- 8 Tortilla Shells
- Various Toppings
- In a medium skillet brown protein. Drain off excess grease. Add protein back to skillet add rub and stock. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Meanwhile warm tortilla shells. Add protein to tortilla shells and top with desired toppings.
French Toast Sprinkle Casserole
Here is a yummy breakfast treat that is sure to be a sensational pleasure for the kids and adults alike. Make this breakfast casserole the night before and place it in a preheated oven the next morning and watch everyone get out of bed with their nose in the air.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 8 ounce package maple pecan cream cheese
- 3-4 TBSP Shot in the Dark French Toast Sprinkle
- 4 TBSP Sugar
- 6-8 drops Vanilla Extract Flavoring
- 8 Large eggs
- 2 1/8 C half-and-half cream
- 1/2 C Maple Syrup
- Powered Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 C butter or margarine softened
- 1/3 C Milk 70º to 80ºF
- 3 TBSP Water 70º to 80ºF
- 3/4 tsp Fleur de Sel Vanilla salt
- 3 C Bread Flour
- 2 TBSP Vanilla Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Break Machine Yeast
- Place the bread cubes in a buttered 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl beat the softened cream cheese with Shot in the Dark French Toast Sprinkle, sugar, vanilla extract at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and well combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Add in half and half cream, maple syrup; beat until well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the bread cubes in the baking dish, using a fork or spoon gently lifting the cubes so that they coat evenly with the egg mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Next morning set oven to 375°F.
- Remove the dish from the fridge and let sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake uncovered for about 45-50 minutes or until set and a golden brown color.
- Pour more maple syrup over and sprinkle with French Toast Sprinkle/powered sugar
- Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Process on sweet or basic/white bread cycle; use light or medium/normal crust color setting.
- Remove bread from pan; cool on wire rack.
Sautéed Bacon Brussel Sprouts
This side dish compliments a wide variety of main meals. The flavor is second to none, leaving your taste buds wanting more.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs Brussel Sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tsp Shot in the Dark Bring Home the Bacon Rub
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add Brussel sprouts, season with salt and pepper and cook stirring frequently until caramelized. Sprinkle bacon rub over Brussel sprouts and continue to cook for one minute. Remove from heat and serve warm. Add bacon rub to desired flavor profile.
Grilled Pineapple Slices
This grilled fruit is a crowd pleaser for good reason. It is versatile enough to complement a main dish, side dish, salad or dessert or be eaten by itself. This sweet and earthy pleasure will leave the taste buds wondering "Where have you been my whole life?"
- 1 Fresh Pineapple
- Shot in the Dark Pineapple Party Tropical Rub
- Preheat grill/oven or desired cooking device to 425 degrees F.
- Carefully cut away the pineapple skin from the top to the bottom. Core pineapple and slice into ½” thick slices.
- Place pineapple rings in a single layer on baking sheets. Generously cover with rub, flip and repeat on second side.
- Cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat source and top with rub once again. Serve warm. Recommendations to compliment vanilla ice cream, salads, hamburger topping, chicken or fish.
A common staple in the central part of the United States, the pork steak is a summertime bbq right of passage. Cooked perfectly, the meat should be complimented and not overpowered by the rub, smoke or sauce.
Servings: 1 Pork Steak
- 1 1/2 Inch thick cut pork steak
- Shot in the Dark How ‘Bout Them Apples Rub
Aluminum Foil Wrap
- 1/4 C Apple Juice
- 4 TBSP Brown Sugar
- Shot in the Dark Audacious Sauce
- 2 TBSP butter
- Coat both sides of pork steaks with apple rub, let set to room temperature (about 20-30 mins.).
- Grill/smoke pork steaks to 145 degrees internal temperature.
- For wrap layer 1 Tablespoon of Butter, half of brown sugar and Audacious bbq sauce on foil, mix together. Lay pork steak on mixture, repeat mixture on top of pork steak. Add ¼ C of apple juice to each wrap, not pouring over the pork steak to ensure mixture does not wash off. Wrap tightly and return to grill. For Steam until tender (175-180 internal temp, or desired tenderness)
This sweet and salty finger food will make you a hit. Simple and easy with great flavor.
Servings: 8 Slices of Bacon
- 1/3 C light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Shot in the Dark Candied Bacon Rub
- 8 Slices Apple Wood Smoked Bacon
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
- Mix the brown sugar and Candied Bacon Rub. Dredge each bacon slice on both sides with the sugar mixture.
- Line pan with aluminum foil then place the bacon on a baking pan with sides. Place a second baking pan on top of the bacon. This will help keep the bacon flat and ensure even baking. Bake for 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon. Place on a paper towel or baking wire rack to drain the excess fat.
Just Add Protein Sliders
Bring out the kid inside of you with this flavorful treat. This is not your everyday slider, the flavor explodes in your mouth leave you wanting more.
Servings: 8 Sliders
- 1 lb Ground Chuck
- 2 TBSP Shot in the Dark Just Add Protein
- 8 3” buns or rolls split in half Hawaiian Rolls work well
- 2-3 TBSP Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Tomato Horseradish Dip Mix
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees F.
- Combine mayonnaise and dip mixture, mixing well, place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, and place the ground chuck in the middle of the pan. Cover the meat with a large sheet of plastic wrap. Roll meat with a rolling pin until it covers the surface of the pan; it should be very thin. Remove the plastic wrap, and sprinkle the meat with the Shot in the Dark Just Add Protein. Fold the meat in half, from side to side, using the parchment paper. Use a pizza wheel to cut the meat into 8 even squares.
- Wrap the buns in foil and place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the burgers on the griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the buns from the oven. Spread a small amount of mayonnaise on each bun and top with the burger and any other condiments, as desired. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breast thin sliced boneless, skinless
- Sprinkle Shot in the Dark Small Caliber Rub
- 2/1 C balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 TBSP Shot in the Dark Strawberry Fields Rub
- 3/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 3 1/2 TBSP Shot in the Dark Strawberry Fields Rub
- 2 C strawberries tops stem chopped off and sliced
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts in a pyrex baking dish. Sprinkle them with the Small Caliber rub.
- In a small bowl whisk together the 2 ½ T Strawberry Fields and balsamic vinegar.
- Then pour the marinade over the chicken breast. Turn the chicken to coat.
- Place the chicken in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the glaze.
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon and Strawberry Fields. Bring it to a boil. Then lower the heat and let the mixture simmer about 10 minutes, uncovered.
- After ten minutes you may find the mixture is still thin not a syrup like texture. In a small cup or bowl add a dash of water to the teaspoon of cornstarch (almost like a tablespoon of water) and whisk it together before adding it to saucepan. Once you add the cornstarch to the saucepan whisk to combine. Let it simmer another 2 minutes you will notice the mixture will get thicker.
- Add in the strawberries. Let it simmer another 3 more minutes. You will see the strawberries start to break down a bit. Then turn off the heat.
- Add baked chicken to a platter or a plate. Spoon the strawberry glaze over the chicken. Serve with greens such as spinach or kale.
Cinnamon Chipotle Crinkles
This is a cookie that has a perfect blend of sweet, smoke and spice. Perfect for those cold evenings curled up on the couch with a nice cup of hot chocolate.
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ C unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ C all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP cocoa powder Askinosie
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon Vietnamese
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 4 TBSP Shot in the Dark Cinnamon Chipotle Rub
- powdered sugar for rolling
- Add the chocolate chips and butter to a small saucepan set over low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla and set aside.
- Beat the sugar and eggs until thick and smooth. Add the melted chocolate; mix to combine.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon chipotle and baking powder. Mix until combined. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm – about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Pour the powdered sugar into a shallow dish.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll the balls in the powdered sugar, coating them completely. Arrange the balls on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until just set.